This year, you can earn up to 20 points per dollar spent on the Aeroplan eStore, receive points back on flight bookings and other travel redemptions, and collect bonus points for engaging with Aeroplan’s partnered brands.
With Black Friday just around the corner, the full details of these promotions have come to light. Let’s take stock of what we know.
Up to 20x Points on the Aeroplan eStore with an Aeroplan Credit Card
The first Black Friday promotion announced by Aeroplan is earning 10 Aeroplan points per dollar spent at the Aeroplan eStore with a co-branded credit card. We also saw this promotion in 2022, and it’s a great way to boost your Aeroplan balance, especially on larger purchases.
To sweeten the deal, select retailer partners are offering 10 Aeroplan points per dollar spent when you make a purchase through the Aeroplan eStore, on top of the bonus points offered to co-branded cardholders.
In total, you’ll be able to earn up to 20 points per dollar spent on the Aeroplan eStore by using an eligible Aeroplan credit card!
Keep in mind that the additional 10 points per dollar spent on an eligible credit card come in addition to the earning rate at the eStore, as well as a bonus of 2 Aeroplan points per dollar spent if you have any tier of Aeroplan Elite Status.
In total, you could be earning up to 23.25x Aeroplan points on your eStore purchases between November 23 and November 27. Here’s how:
- 10 points per dollar spent with an Aeroplan co-branded credit card registered for the Black Friday promotion
- Up to 10 points per dollar spent with enhanced earning rates at select retailers for Black Friday
- 2 points per dollar spent as an Aeroplan Elite Status benefit
- 1.25 points per dollar spent as the base rate for spending with a premium Aeroplan co-branded credit card
The bonus points for co-branded credit card spending will be credited to your account by January 31, 2024.
To benefit from this elevated earning rate, you’ll need to adhere to the promotion’s terms and conditions.
Importantly, eligible Aeroplan credit cardholders must first register for the promotion. The registration period runs until November 27, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Then, if you make an eligible purchase at the Aeroplan eStore between 12:01am Eastern Time on November 23 and 11:59pm Eastern Time on November 27, 2023, you’ll earn an additional 10 Aeroplan points per dollar spent when you pay with your registered credit card.
For the credit card component of these stacked promotions, each Aeroplan member can earn a maximum of 25,000 bonus points, which would require you to spend $2,500 (CAD). Unfortunately, these bonus points don’t count towards Everyday Status Qualification.
Also, not all retailers and products will be eligible for this promotional earning rate, so you’ll need to check each store to see what counts and what doesn’t. I’d venture that it’s safe to assume that if a product is excluded from eStore earnings (as we often see with latest-model Apple releases, for instance), it would also be excluded from credit card bonus earnings.
At the time of writing, the following retailers are either offering the full return of 10 points per dollar spent for Black Friday, or have a notable bonus:
- 1-800-Flowers.ca (10x points)
- Adidas (10x points)
- Amazon (5x points)
- Apple (5x points)
- Bose (5x points)
- Bumble and Bumble (10x points)
- Canadian Down and Feather Company (10x points)
- Chef’s Plate (10x points)
- Clearly (7x points)
- Columbia (10x points)
- Décathlon (10x points)
- Dell (5x points)
- Disney+ (10x points)
- Dyson (10x points)
- fuboTV (10x points)
- Harry Rosen (7x points)
- Hello Fresh (10x points)
- HP (10x points)
- Indochino (10x points)
- Jenny Bird (10x points)
- Kiehl’s (10x points)
- KiwiCo (10x points)
- Lenovo (8x points)
- Lole (10x points)
- LookFantastic (10x points)
- LUISVIAROMA (10x points)
- Lululemon (6x points)
- Marcelle (10x points)
- Matt & Nat (10x points)
- MEL Science (10x points)
- Meyer (10x points)
- Michael Kors (10x points)
- Mini Mioche (10x points)
- Noom (10x points)
- Nord VPN (10x points)
- Persona (10x points)
- Quickbooks (10x points)
- Redbubble (10x points)
- RW&Co (10x points)
- Saatchi Art (10x points)
- Samsung (5x points)
- Sandro (10x points)
- Sennheiser (10x points)
- Sheertex (10x points)
- Simba Sleep (10x points)
- Simons (7x points)
- Smash + Tess (7x points)
- The Body Shop (10x points)
- The Globe and Mail (10x points)
- Umbra (10x points)
- Under Armour (10x points)
- Viator (10x points)
- Victorinox (10x points)
- Watier (10x points)
- WaySpa (10x points)
And in the event that you’re unable to opt in for 10x points as a co-branded cardholder, you can still benefit from bonus points via the eStore with 10x points at select retailers and 2x points for having any level of Aeroplan Elite Status.
|Credit Card||Best Offer||Value|
|Up to 100,000 Aeroplan points†||$1,068||Apply Now|
|Up to 50,000 Aeroplan points†||$840||Apply Now|
|Up to 100,000 Aeroplan points||$819||Apply Now|
|45,000 Aeroplan points||$720||Apply Now|
|Up to 60,000 Aeroplan points†||$714||Apply Now|
|90,000 Aeroplan points||$611||Apply Now|
|Up to 50,000 Aeroplan points†||$609||Apply Now|
|110,000 Aeroplan points||$609||Apply Now|
|Up to 20,000 Aeroplan points†||$434||Apply Now|
|10,000 Aeroplan points†||$210||Apply Now|
Earn Your Share of 50 Million Aeroplan Points
Aeroplan is also offering 50 million Aeroplan points, split equally among all members who book an eligible Air Canada flight or Air Canada Vacations package.
You’ll receive a guaranteed minimum of 1,000 points, or more if fewer than 50,000 members participate.
To take part in this promotion, first, you must register at this link.
Then, book a round-trip flight (or two one-way flights) originating in Canada. You must book by November 26, 2023 at 11:59pm Pacific Time, for travel between November 27, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
Eligible flights include all routes operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada Rouge. However, interline and codeshare routes are excluded.
Eligible fares include Business Class (Flexible), Business Class (Lowest), Premium Economy (Flexible), Premium Economy (Lowest), Premium Rouge (Flexible), Premium Rouge (Lowest), Economy (Latitude), Economy (Comfort), Economy (Flex), and Economy (Standard).
As per the offer’s terms and conditions, Aeroplan redemptions, including Points + Cash bookings, aren’t eligible for this offer.
Expect bonus points to be credited six weeks after eligible travel has been completed.
For Air Canada Vacations, you can save up to 40% on select Air Canada Vacations to Mexico and the Caribbean. Book before November 23, 2023!
Discounts & Bonuses on Hotels, Car Rentals, and More
In addition, we’re also seeing a handful of miscellaneous discounts on Air Canada flights, vacation packages, hotels and car rentals, and other promotions that are similar to what we’ve seen in Black Fridays past, including the following:
- Buy or gift Aeroplan points with a mystery bonus of 100% or more, until November 29, 2023
- Get up to 10,000 points back on hotel redemptions booked by November 27, 2023, for travel until March 31, 2024
- Get up to 10% points back on Avis and Budget car rentals booked with Aeroplan points booked by November 27, 2023, for travel until March 31, 2024
- Earn up to 3x more points and receive a discount up to 30% on Avis and Budget car rentals within North America booked by November 27, 2023, for travel until March 31, 2024
- Save up to 7,000 Aeroplan points on select gift card redemptions, until November 26, 2023
- Earn 500 Aeroplan points on your first premium ride with Uber linked to your Aeroplan account, until November 27, 2023
- Earn a chance to win 1 of 4 round-trip economy flights for two passengers from Canada to any Air Canada destination, when you make a purchase at the LCBO with Aeroplan points until November 23, 2023
- Earn 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points when you purchase 12 eligible Vintages from the LCBO, until November 26, 2023
- Earn 2,000 Aeroplan points by linking your Aeroplan and Uber Eats accounts and making your first restaurant delivery order of $40 or more, or placing your first grocery order with Uber Eats, until November 27, 2023
- Earn 50 Aeroplan points when you make five or more eligible transactions from November 16–17 using your linked Aeroplan and Starbucks Rewards account
The most prominent promotion is earning up to 20 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases at the Aeroplan eStore, with a co-branded credit card in conjunction with elevated store earning rates at select retailers. You’ll need to register for the offer first, and then make purchases from November 23–27, 2023, to earn up to 25,000 points on $2,500 (CAD) spent.
Black Friday is always a great time to combine the power of multiple promotions, so plan accordingly to capitalize on these exciting deals.