Welcome back to Week 2 of the 2022 Prince of Travel Awards. Many thanks to those of you who had cast your votes back in Week 1!
2022 Prince of Travel Awards Categories
As a reminder, the 37 categories for the 2022 Prince of Travel Awards are as follows (new categories for this year are highlighted in italics):
Best Premium Credit Card Best Travel Credit Card Best Small Business Credit Card Best Credit Card Signup Bonus Best Visa Card Best Mastercard Best Credit Card Perk Best Cash Back Credit Card Best No-Fee Credit Card Best No FX Fee Credit Card Best New Financial Product Best US Credit Card
- Best Transferable Points Currency
- Best Fixed-Value Points Currency
- Best Airline Loyalty Program
- Best Hotel Loyalty Program
- Best Hotel Elite Status
- Best International Award Sweet Spot
- Best Promotion
- Best Positive Change
- Best New Aeroplan Partner
Airlines & Lounges
- Best Domestic Business Class
- Best Domestic Economy Class
- Best International Business Class
- Best International First Class
- Best Airport Lounge in Canada
- Best Business Class Lounge
- Best First Class Lounge
- Best New Aviation Product
Hotels & Destinations
- Best Hotel in Canada (Points)
- Best Hotel in Canada (Cash)
- Best Resort in Canada (Points)
- Best Resort in Canada (Cash)
- Best International City Hotel
- Best Overwater Villa
- Best Aspirational Hotel (Points)
- Most Exciting Destination Reopening
Week 2: Loyalty & Points Programs
In Week 2 of voting, it’s time to cast your vote on the nine Loyalty & Points Programs categories, with a shortlist of nominees among each category for you to choose from.
Best Transferable Points Currency
Among Canada’s major transferable points currencies, which program is the best?
Best Fixed-Value Points Currency
Among points currencies that can only be redeemed for a fixed value, which program is the best?
Best Airline Loyalty Program
Among frequent flyer programs, which rewards your loyalty the most? Which points are you always looking to earn?
- Alaska Mileage Plan
- British Airways Avios
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
Best Hotel Loyalty Program
What’s your favourite hotel loyalty program? Which points do you find the most useful for free night redemptions?
Best Hotel Elite Status
Which major hotel chain most rewards your loyalty with meaningful elite perks?
- Accor Live Limitless Diamond
- IHG One Rewards Diamond Elite
- Hilton Honors Diamond
- Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
- World of Hyatt Globalist
Best International Award Sweet Spot
Departing on an international trip, which award redemption sweet spot offers the best value for your points?
- 55,000 Aeroplan points for Vancouver / Calgary – Tokyo business class
- 87,500 Aeroplan points for North America – “Asia 3” business class
- 70,000 Alaska miles for Cathay Pacific First Class / Japan Airlines First Class
- 85,000 Avios for Qatar Airways Qsuites for North America – Maldives
- 60,000 Virgin Atlantic points for ANA First Class for North America – Japan
Of the major travel promotions this year in the Canadian market, which one was the strongest?
- American Express Double Referral Points
- Aeroplan Spend $30,000 for Elite Status Extension
- Marriott Bonvoy Double EQN on Cash Stays (Spring 2022)
- Instant IHG Diamond Elite Status
- WestJet Status Match from Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, and VIPorter
Best Positive Change
Of the all the upward changes among major points programs this year, which one was the best?
- National Bank World Elite Now Earns 5x on Grocery and Restaurant
- Hilton Free Night Rewards Now Redeemable on Weekdays
- Marriott Bonvoy American Express US Card Overhaul (including Platinum Elite status, 85k annual Free Night Award, and 25 EQN)
- Qatar Airways Joining the Avios Program
- Air France / KLM Flying Blue Reducing Rates on Economy Awards
Best New Aeroplan Partner
Of all the new partners Aeroplan has added this year, which one is the best?
Week 2: Vote Now
As part of the voting process, you are invited to select your top choice among the candidates in each category.
It’s up to you how you vote: feel free to vote based on either your personal experience with any of the candidates or your impressions of each candidate as a savvy points collector.
If you’d like to abstain from voting in any category, simply leave it blank.
The order of the candidates is randomized as part of the survey to avoid introducing bias into your vote. After you’ve completed your vote and picked the winner in all nine, hit the Submit button and your vote will be counted!
Without further ado, you can submit your vote for Week 2 of the 2022 Prince of Travel Awards below:
Week 2 of voting will close at the end of Sunday, November 27.
Week 3 will take place the following week, and Week 4 the week after that. Finally, the winners will be announced on Monday, December 12. Happy voting!