Welcome back to Week 3 of the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards. Thanks to those of you who had cast your votes back in Weeks 1 and 2!
As a reminder, the 16 categories for the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards are as follows (the 11 categories we’ve completed thus far stricken out, with five remaining):
Best Premium Travel Credit Card Best Travel Credit Card
- Best Business Travel Credit Card
Best Lifestyle Credit Card Best Credit Card Signup Bonus Best US Credit Card Signup Bonus Best Credit Card Perk
Best Transferable Points Currency
- Best Fixed-Value Points Currency
Best Airline Loyalty Program Best Hotel Loyalty Program Best International Award Sweet Spot
- Best Domestic Award Sweet Spot
- Best Promotion
Best Business Class in Canada
- Best Economy Class in Canada
In Week 3 of voting, it’s time to cast your vote on the following five categories, with four or five nominees among each category for you to choose from.
Best Business Travel Credit Card: Among travel rewards credit cards geared towards small business owners, which product is the best? Consider the welcome bonus, the value of the points, the earning rate, and the ongoing perks and benefits of the card when making your choice.
- American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card
- American Express Business Edge Card
- American Express Business Platinum Card
- TD Aeroplan Visa Business
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business
Best Fixed-Value Points Currency: Fixed-value points currencies are one of the best ways to offset out-of-pocket travel expenses as a complement to traditional loyalty programs. Of these five popular fixed-value points currencies that are often used for this purpose – which one is best?
- American Express Membership Rewards Select points
- BMO Rewards points
- HSBC Rewards points
- Scotia Rewards points
- TD Rewards points
Best Domestic Flight Sweet Spot: Among these four popular methods for booking domestic flights at good value compared to the regular price, which one do you prefer most?
- Redeeming Aeroplan points for flights under 2,750 miles
- Redeeming Air Miles for domestic flights
- Using the Air Canada Buddy Pass
- Using the WestJet companion voucher
Best Promotion: What was your favourite major promotion offered by a credit card or loyalty program in 2020?
- Air Canada & Aeroplan’s Travel at Home promotion
- Aeroplan’s 50% Miles Back promotion
- American Express Business Platinum Card: $680 statement credits for Dell, FedEx, and mobile services
- American Express Platinum Card: $250 grocery credits
- American Express Platinum Card: Double Rewards promotion
Best Economy Class in Canada: Which airline offers the best overall product in Canada for travelling in economy class? Consider the seats, schedules, and onboard service when making your choice.
- Air Canada
- Air Transat
- Flair Airlines
As part of the voting process, you are invited to rank the candidates in each category from 1–4 or 1–5.
As before, if you have personal experience with a certain candidate in a category, then go by that personal experience; if you do not, then feel free to vote based on your impressions of each candidate as a savvy points collector.
To rank the candidates, either use the icons on the left side each row to drag them into the correct order, or use the drop-down menus to specify your chosen ranking of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
The order of the candidates is randomized as part of the survey to avoid introducing bias into your vote. After you’ve completed your vote and ranked the candidates in all six categories, hit the Submit button and your vote will be counted!
Without further ado, you can submit your vote for Week 3 of the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards below:
Week 3 of voting will close at the end of Sunday, December 20.
And soon after that, the winners of the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards will be announced on Monday, December 21. Happy voting!