Welcome back to Week 2 of the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards. Thanks to those of you who had cast your votes back in Week 1!
As a reminder, the 16 categories for the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards are as follows (the six categories we completed in Week 1 are stricken out, with 10 remaining):
Best Premium Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Credit Card
- Best Business Travel Credit Card
- Best Lifestyle Credit Card
Best Credit Card Signup Bonus Best US Credit Card Signup Bonus Best Credit Card Perk
Best Transferable Points Currency Best Fixed-Value Points Currency
- Best Airline Loyalty Program
- Best Hotel Loyalty Program
- Best International Award Sweet Spot
- Best Domestic Award Sweet Spot
- Best Promotion
Best Business Class in Canada
- Best Economy Class in Canada
In Week 2 of voting, it’s time to cast your vote on the following five categories, with four or five nominees among each category for you to choose from.
Best Travel Credit Card: Among travel rewards credit cards that command an annual fee in the range of $119–150, which product is the best? Consider the welcome bonus, the value of the points, and the ongoing perks and benefits of the card when making your choice.
- American Express Gold Rewards Card
- HSBC World Elite Mastercard
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
- WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard
Best Lifestyle Credit Card: In recent years, we’ve seen the emergence of “lifestyle” credit cards that may not offer the heftiest travel rewards, but appeal to a younger segment of the market that prefers elevated earning rates and ease of redeeming. Which of these cards is the strongest?
- American Express Cobalt Card
- BMO eclipse Visa Infinite
- CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite
- Scotiabank Gold American Express
Best Airline Loyalty Program: Among the five major airline-operated frequent flyer programs that we have relatively easy access to here in Canada, which one has been your favourite for earning and redeeming miles?
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- British Airways Avios
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- WestJet Rewards
Best Hotel Loyalty Program: Among the major hotel loyalty programs that we have access to via Canadian- and US-issued credit cards, which one has been your favourite for redeeming free nights and maximizing elite benefits?
- Best Western Rewards
- Hilton Honors
- IHG Rewards Club
- Marriott Bonvoy
- World of Hyatt
Best International Award Sweet Spot: Out of five excellent award chart sweet spots among the major points programs that cater to a variety of different travel styles, which one represents the best value for you?
- 12,500/25,000 Aeroplan points for flying within the North America zone under 2,750 miles: Vancouver to Hawaii, or from Canada to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean (in economy or business, respectively)
- 13,000/50,000 Avios for Aer Lingus from Toronto to Dublin (in economy or business, respectively)
- 55,000 Aeroplan points for Air Canada or ANA business class on Vancouver–Tokyo or Calgary–Tokyo
- 70,000 Alaska miles for Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines First Class from North America to Asia
- 85,000 Cathay Pacific Asia Miles for Cathay Pacific business class from North America to Hong Kong or beyond (e.g., South Africa, Australia, etc.)
As part of the voting process, you are invited to rank the candidates in each category from 1–4 or 1–5.
As before, if you have personal experience with a certain candidate in a category, then go by that personal experience; if you do not, then feel free to vote based on your impressions of each candidate as a savvy points collector.
To rank the candidates, either use the icons on the left side each row to drag them into the correct order, or use the drop-down menus to specify your chosen ranking of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
The order of the candidates is randomized as part of the survey to avoid introducing bias into your vote. After you’ve completed your vote and ranked the candidates in all six categories, hit the Submit button and your vote will be counted!
Without further ado, you can submit your vote for Week 2 of the 2020 Prince of Travel Awards below:
Week 2 of voting will close at the end of Sunday, December 13.
Week 3 will take place next week, and the winners will be announced on Monday, December 21. Happy voting!