How to Use Aeroplan Miles
Prince of Travel
Ricky’s love for travelling and learning more about the world is unbounded. He’s on a mission to document and understand every square inch of the globe, and travelling on points will be an essential tool along his journey.
Read More >
Welcome! If you're reading this, you might be wondering how you can maximize Canada's most popular frequent flyer program and use your Aeroplan miles to travel the world for almost free.
In fact, this website, Prince of Travel, is all about helping Canadians achieve exactly this: using your Aeroplan miles to see more of the world, often in business class or First Class, at a fraction of the cost.
The art of travelling on points – including Aeroplan miles – basically boils down to:
- Earning as many rewards points as possible for as little cost as possible, typically by signing up for credit cards with high signup bonuses
- Redeeming those points for as high a value as possible, typically by travelling in business class or First Class
Here's the caveat: while the idea behind maximizing Miles & Points is simple, carrying it out requires some legwork and research on your part. Have a look around this website, starting with the Miles & Points Intro, the intro series to everything there is to know about this wonderful game we play.
If you want to understand specifically how you can use your Aeroplan miles for some epic trips, you can have a look at the below articles:
- The Aeroplan Mini-RTW – A 3-part series on the classic way to maximize Aeroplan by taking advantage of its generous policies for stopovers (stopping for more than 24 hours in three cities around the world)
- How to Book an Aeroplan Mini-RTW – A walkthrough of how exactly you go about booking an Aeroplan Mini-RTW
- Stopovers: Quench Your Wanderlust – A more in-depth rundown of how stopovers work
- 9 Useful Aeroplan Tricks – Some creative ways to get Aeroplan to work to your advantage
- Exploring Atlantic Canada with Aeroplan – Using an Aeroplan sweet spot to visit four cities in Canada's Atlantic provinces for only 40,000 miles
- Is This the Craziest Aeroplan Trip Ever Booked? – An extreme example of pushing Aeroplan to its craziest limits
Feel free to have a look around the site so you can start learning the tricks of the trade and achieving your upcoming travel goals. Travelling on points is one of the most fruitful and enjoyable things you can do if you'd like to see more of the world but don't want to pay full price.